- This event has passed.
Grab Your Power Workshop & Panel Discussion
November 4, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm| $97 – $147
The Grab Your Power Workshop & Panel Discussion is designed to further community empowerment through teaching, and a robust dialog that engages artists, financing sources, media, and those responsible for community development. The half-day workshop will include practical training to educate attendees on how to effectively “tell their story.” Participants will gain an understanding, and learn the foundational strategies of how to seek grant and sponsorship partnerships to produce and present independently, as well as how to work with presenting organizations.
During the lecture portion of the workshop, participants will learn how to:
• Reframe fear-based thinking and limiting beliefs
• Gain a greater understanding how creativity and business acumen are complementary assets
• Begin to organize thoughts and concepts for strategic plans and proposals
• Apply the principle of “Control your content…content is king”
The conference includes a panel discussion on: The Role of Creative & Performing Artist As “Agents of Change” where the audience will hear from experts in Media, Corporate and Foundation Funding.
MODERATOR: ROZ CLARK
· Leah Garchik, Features Columnist, San Francisco Chronicle,
· Brenda Wright, Sr. VP, Manager of Community Relations, Wells Fargo,
· Martha Richards, Executive Director, WomenArts,
· Shelley Trott, Director, Arts & Strategy Ventures, Kenneth Rainin Foundation.
Tickets are $97 in advance and $147 at the door
More info http://www.operanoir.org